VILLAGE OF NASHVILLE
FIRE HOSE RENTAL POLICY
OCTOBER 12, 2006
This policy was established by the Village of Nashville to identify the procedures and charges that Village
employees are to follow when processing a request to rent the village fire hose to fill a swimming pool within the village
limits. (According to Ordinance #70 section 1-E)
use of a Village fire hydrant to draw water for the purpose of filling a swimming pool will only be permitted with the prior
written approval of the Village and shall be subject to the terms listed in this policy.
1. As the village fire hose is un-metered the council hereby sets the flat rates of:
$25 for the use of the village fire hose for pools that hold up
to 3000 gallons.
$50 for the use of the village fire hose for pools that hold over
Use must be paid for and written approval obtained at the Village
office before fire hose is received from the DPW department.
(All fire hose use is based on the availability of a fire hydrant within reach of the swimming pool being
filled – for those properties not within reach of a fire hydrant refer to Ordinance #72)
2. All village fire hose use shall be monitored by a village DPW employee. And shall be conducted
during village employees working hours – weekdays 7:00am to 3:30 pm.
3. No fire hose rental will be allowed on non-workdays (Saturday or Sunday) or after work hours – after
3:30 pm unless the resident pays an additional charge equal to the overtime rate (determined at time of use) for at least
2 hours (could be more if more time is required) for the employee who worked while monitoring the fire hose use.
4. Employees should do the following:
Employees are required to:
hookup the hose at the start of use
· check the hose occasionally to make sure it is being properly used
· unhook the hose at the end of use
Employees are not required to:
· be on site during the complete filling of the pool