HomePROJECTS OUT FOR BIDJob ApplicationSMART911Burn PermitsAct 51 CertificationNonregularly Scheduled Meeting NoticesTransfer Recycle StationVillage CouncilRevenue Sharing Certification of Accountabliity & TransparencyCommittees & BoardsParksPublic WorksPoliceOrdinancesPoliciesZoning / PlanningOnline FormsProperty Tax InformationLakeview CemeteryLocal ActivitiesLinksHistory

ORDINANCE NO. 34

(8-5-1940)

 

FOR THE PROTECTION OF THE PUBLIC HEALTH AND TO SAFEGUARD THE PUBLIC WATER SUPPLY OF THE VILLAGE OF NASHVILLE, AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE REGULATIONS OF THE MICHIGAN DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH, AS EXPRESSED IN BULLETIN NO. 19, ENTITLED, "WELL WATER SUPPLIES OF MUNICIPALITIES," AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE SPECIAL RECOMMENDATIONS OF THE MICHIGAN DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH, THE VILLAGE OF NASHVILLE ORDAINS:

 

SECTION 1.

 

That no privy, outhouse, septic tank, cesspool, leaching pit, sanitary sewer, or any structure which receives stores or disposal of human wastes or excreta, shall hereafter be constructed or placed within two hundred (200) feet of any public water supply well in the Village of Nashville.

 

SECTION 2.

 

Any violation of Section 1. of this ordinances is hereby declared to be a public nuisance, and may be enjoined or abated in such manner as the Village Council may from time to time provide by resolution.

 

SECTION 3.

 

Penalties for Violation:  Any person, firm, corporation, or other entity who violates any term or provision of this Ordinance is responsible for a municipal civil infraction and shall be punished by a civil fine of $50 for a first violation, $150 for a second violation, and $300 for a third or subsequent violation and shall be liable for the payment of costs in an amount of not less than $9.00 and not more than $500.

 

This ordinance shall take effect on August 26, 1940.

       

Passed and approved by the Village Council on August 5, 1940

 

 

Colin T. Munro                                     E.D. Olmstead

Village Clerk                                        Village President

                  

 

This is to certify that the above ordinance was published in the Nashville News, a newspaper circulated in the Village of Nashville, on August 8, 1940.

 

Colin T. Munro

Village Clerk