HomePROJECTS OUT FOR BIDJob ApplicationSMART911Burn PermitsAct 51 CertificationNonregularly Scheduled Meeting NoticesTransfer Recycle StationVillage CouncilRevenue Sharing Certification of Accountabliity & TransparencyCommittees & BoardsParksPublic WorksPoliceOrdinancesPoliciesZoning / PlanningOnline FormsProperty Tax InformationLakeview CemeteryLocal ActivitiesLinksHistory





A. When to report – when an employee of the Nashville Police Department, while in the performance of his/her duties, is involved in a motor vehicle accident.


B. How to report – use the official Michigan Traffic Accident (UD-10)


1. The original and two copies of the “Official Michigan Traffic Accident Report: (UD-10), shall be completed for all accidents involving departmental vehicles.


a. Is shall be the responsibility of the supervisor to prepare and submit this report.


b. Under no circumstances shall the driver/operator prepare his/her own report.


c. If any type of action is to be taken against the other driver, the supervisor at the scene will determine what violation(s) has been committee and take appropriate enforcement action. Under no circumstances shall the employee driving take the enforcement action.


2. If another department is investigating the accident, a copy of their accident report shall be obtained by this department.


            3. If possible, driver and witness statements shall be completed.


            4. Photographs shall be required of all damaged vehicles and property.


                        If the accident is minor, photo may be taken at a later time.


5. When any Village owned vehicle is involved in an accident the Chief of Police shall be notified.


6. When any Village owned vehicle is involved in an accident the Motor Vehicle Accident Review Board of the Village shall be notified.